Friday 4 January 2013

Russian Squat Routine

Last post I mentioned about a new routine I randomly decided to give a go with a days notice. It's called the Russian Squat Routine, probably cos it's Russian and it involves squatting. Yeah. Looks fookin' intense is all I can say.  Here's what it looks like:

Based on a 200kg 1RM... aiming for a 210 after 6 weeks.

Anyhoo, I smashed out the first day on Wednesday with relative ease (suprisingly) then went on to pull a PB deadlift triple. That wasn't too bad to be honest, but it's the lightest day of the entire program so I'm guessing it's expected.

Today was the second day involving 6 sets of triples. Now bare in mind I only hit a 165kg triple PB about 10 days ago, so I was really nervous. I tried to be clever and skimp on the warm up to stay as fresh as possible but that just hindered my first couple of sets so they're a bit ugly, but they got better. Here's a video of the sets below.

 Losing some of that gut as we speak!

In other news, I'm back in Nottingham and doing my own shopping again, which means I'm back on the diet that got me down to 108kg before Christmas. Lean mince, chicken breasts, a shit ton of frozen veg and brown carbs. Here's hoping that this can get me down to a leaner 105kg while still maintaining strength.

Bitchin' instagram photo of today's dinner

That's about it for today, gonna try and keep the blog shorter on words, bigger on videos and out once a week or something. If I've got people reading, I've got people on my back to stick to what I say for a change. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment