Wednesday 9 January 2013

Powerlifting Gear and a PB

Evening all. Blogging seems far more interesting that revising anyway. What's new? 


Well my gorgeous girlfriend Robyn (who also blogs!) recently bought me an early birthday present. An Inzer Hardcore squat suit. Now some may say that there are better single ply suits out there and I've been recommended others, but this is literally £50-100 cheaper than anything out there at the moment and while second hand would be even cheaper, this is the best new one out there (and it's my birthday). Also, not that it's important, but it also happens to be my favourite looking in terms of design in that it's really simple and yet still stands out. I have absolutely no idea how to use it yet, but I'm sure I'll get to grips with it whenever I can find people to teach (and spot!) me in the near future. It'll definitely set me up for my go at equipped powerlifting next year. 




Hilarious vids to come of me even attempting to put this on.


Also, a friend of mine has also sold me a pair of Metal Silver knee wraps, the stiffest knee wrap of the lot and at a bargain price. I love good stiff ones. I can't get enough of stiff ones. Stiff ones sting to shit but make me squat harder, and I'm not sure if that last one made sense in the gay double entendre context i was going for...



METAL SILVER POLVISITEET - IPF

Pictured above: Very non-sexual knee wraps.


Anyway, enough bragging about my new toys. Recently I got a 112.5kg push press PB after only resuming overhead training for a few weeks. I'm not really sure why I stopped to be fair, I think I got too excited with benching and playing with that but anyway, point is, PB ...with some new toys involved too - a new Titan Toro lever belt, Strengthshop single ply elbow sleeves and a slap round the nostrils from a new bottle of nose tork. Below you can see me failing a 92.5kg strict PB attempt, my push press PB and then narrowly failing the 115kg PB attempt too. Take a look.




You can see in the strict press attempt what appears to be me just giving up and being a pussy, but actually if you look closely it's all the right arm lol. While I ground out a few more inches on the right arm, the left arm quivered in fear and just sat there, and it wasn't going anywhere. Nevermind. Not much to say on the 112.5kg, it was comfortable and I was confident with the 115kg but probably tried too soon after and felt the fatigue creeping in. All in all, decent sesh.



One thing I'll say though is that I tried body weight dips for the first time in my life and they were hard, but fun. Living legends such as Glenn Ross and Jay 'Ursus' Pateman acknowledge them as their secret weapon for powerful triceps and massive pressing power, so they're going straight into press days for the time being. Will update on any significant gains in the future.



That's all for now, thanks for reading. Next post will be a summary of this weekend's Warehouse Gym picnic!

No comments:

Post a Comment